Rich in the Word.
Reverent in Worship.
Jesus is here for you at the U of I.
We are excited to be welcoming students back to campus, and to Divine Service over the next few weeks! We are finalizing our plans for Services and activities in the Fall 2020 Semester, and should have those published here by Monday, August 10th.
We would love to have you refer students or other friends or family who are in Urbana-Champaign!
If you’re joining us for Divine Service in early August, here’s what you currently need to know.
- Divine Service will be offered at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday. Please enter via the carport door on 6th Street (locked at 10:30 a.m.) or the Sanctuary entrance on Chalmers St.
- Parking is available in two different University lots. There is a lot of construction around UniLu currently. See the parking map on our Visit Us page for help.
- Based on our anticipated attendance numbers through the summer, there is no need to register ahead of time. Please come!
- We will continue to maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet between households.
- We will continue to wear masks during the Service (except for under-2-year-olds or others who cannot wear a mask for medical or mental-health reasons).
- Please wash your hands upon entering the building. Hand sanitizer is available in the office area as well as the narthex.
- Pews are marked open or closed. Please fill in from front to back, sitting at opposite ends of the pew as those in front of and across from you. (Basically, keeping as much distance as possible.)
- A bulletin is available to pick up at both entrances. Please use it and Lutheran Service Book for the Divine Service. (Hymnals remain unused for seven days following the Service.)
Please also see Pastor Schuermann’s June 27 letter to the congregation for more, including why we continue to all wear masks when we gather for Divine Service.
Pastor Schuermann also is available by appointment to meet privately for pastoral care: prayer, confession and absolution, counsel from the Holy Scriptures, and blessing. Please contact Pastor to arrange a time.
Please consider contributing to the spread of the Gospel at the University of Illinois and in the surrounding area in Champaign-Urbana. Checks can be mailed to:
University Lutheran Church
604 E. Chalmers St.
Champaign, IL 61821
P.S. – Forgive the sparseness of the website, currently. We had a catastrophic server move initiated by our previous hosting provider and then had to rebuild this new site in one afternoon. More will be added soon!