Rich in the Word.
Reverent in Worship.
Abundant in Mercy.
Jesus is here for you at the U of I.
UniLu is currently open in a limited way as Illinois begins to reopen in Phase 3. UniLu will also be returning to “normal” in a phased approach. Here are details for what to expect and know about Divine Service from May 31st to June 28th:
- Divine Service will be offered at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday. Please enter via the carport door on 6th Street due to Chalmers construction. The door will remain open until approximately 10:45 a.m. and will then be locked. This is chiefly for security, since it is an unobservable entrance.
- Based on IDPH attendance recommendations and our anticipated attendance numbers through the summer, Pastor thinks it is not necessary to continue service sign-ups at this time. No need to register ahead of time. Please come!
- We will continue to maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet between households.
- We will continue to wear masks during the Service (except for under-2-year-olds or others who cannot wear a mask for medical reasons).
- Please wash your hands upon entering the building. Hand sanitizer is available in the office area as well as the narthex.
- Pews are marked with blue tape for physically-distant seating. Please sit in the blue tape spots. Pews reserved for multi-person households are marked with long horizontal strips of tape (these are towards the front of the church).
- We will continue to use fully printed services through Sunday, June 28th.
Pastor Schuermann is also available by appointment to meet privately for pastoral care: prayer, confession and absolution, counsel from the Holy Scriptures, and blessing. Please contact Pastor to arrange a time.
You may also participate via Livestream on our streaming page. (Livestream will be offered through Sunday, June 28th.) Also on our livestream page are downloadable orders of service for each day, as well as service information if you want to use Lutheran Service Book.
Please consider contributing to the spread of the Gospel at the University of Illinois and in the surrounding area in Champaign-Urbana. Checks can be mailed to:
University Lutheran Church
604 E. Chalmers St.
Champaign, IL 61821
P.S. – Forgive the sparseness of the website, currently. We had a catastrophic server move initiated by our previous hosting provider and then had to rebuild this new site in one afternoon. More will be added over the next week or two.